Computers are human works that are used in various human works, including in the field of education. In the field of education, computers as a result of modern technology are very likely to be used as educational tools. Especially in learning, computers can be used to convey information or ideas contained in learning to students. In addition, the computer can be used as a medium that allows participants to learn. This is very possible, because computers has the ability to combine text, sound, color, image, movement, and video, and interactive processes.
In general in the field of education, the use of computer-based technology is a way to produce or material using wireless sources, where information or material is delivered in digital form, not in printed form. Various types of computer applications in education are known as “Computer Instruction Assistant or Computer Assisted Learning. “In computer-aided learning, students face and connect directly to a computer. Interactions between computers and students occur individually, but what a student does will be different from what other students experience.
Computer-assisted teaching instructions that have been developed lately and have proven useful for learning. Computers can help students and in the future, are expected to help thousands of your students. Criswell (Munir, 2001) uses (computer assisted instruction) or (computer aided learning) as the use of computers in delivering material using participants and allowing feedback.
Computers are becoming popular as learning media because computers have features that other learning media do not have before the computer age. Computer features,revealed as follows:
– Interactive relationships: computerization creates a connection between stimuli and answers, and can encourage inspiration and increase interest.
– Repetition: repeat is needed. Also to learn the learning process and improve memory. In repetition, it is necessary to have the freedom and creativity of the students.
– Feedback and confirmation: media computers help participants automatically feedback on lessons with positive responses given to students who provide answers.
In addition to having privileges, computer-assisted learning according to Nasution (1994) has several advantages, including the following:
– Computers can help students and teachers in learning, because of computers, “patient, careful, have a perfect memory”. Computers are suitable for remedial training and teaching, because no teacher can provide training without feeling tired like a computer.
– Computer-assisted learning has many capabilities that can be used to reproduce images, and images that are impossible for humans to master.
– Computer assisted learning is very flexible in communicating and can be arranged according to the wishes of the curriculum designer or compiler.
– Computer-aided learning and teaching by teachers can complement each other. If the computer cannot answer student questions, the teacher will answer automatically. There are times when the computer can provide answers that cannot be answered immediately by the teacher.In addition, the school can also evaluate the learning outcomes of each student immediately.
With the right of the computer, the computer system can do coding directly to participants that is done using the subject programmed into the system. This is stated above, which is known as computer-aided internet.